Thief sneakin’ up on ya
Thief: Deadly Shadows has been gold for a few weeks now and is set to release shortly for both PC and Xbox. May 25th is the official ship date for North America, with the European date coming a few weeks later (June 11th). Expect a review to be posted here soon after the US release.
Listed below is information to help tide you over until you can get your sneak on. Enjoy!
In Thief: Deadly Shadows, players once again take on the role of Garrett. He is rarely seen, never caught and capable of breaking into the most ingeniously secured places. Garrett steals from the wealthy and gives to himself, making his living in the dark and foreboding City. Preferring to be left alone to ply his trade, prophecies of an impending Dark Age dictate a different plan for the thief. In Garrett’s efforts to prevent this approaching Dark Age, he has inadvertently roused an ancient hidden evil. Without allies, Garrett finds himself standing alone between the City and the forces that would crush it.
Ion Storm’s dynamic lighting and shadow technology adds a new depth of realism and tension to the game’s environments. Characters and objects cast real shadows that affect stealth gameplay, requiring the player to manipulate darkness and light to create shadows to hide in.
– Brand new game perspective – Go to 3rd person to see Garrett sneak up on guards, climb walls, fight with his dagger, peek around corners, and more! Cinematic 3rd person and classic immersive 1st person views are both fully supported and can be changed on the fly during gameplay
– Cutting-edge stealth – Hide in the shadows, sneak past guards, or ambush them from the darkness!
– Action gameplay – Breaking and entering, stealing, sabotage, evasion, espionage, combat, assassination, and setting up ambushes.
– Huge Arsenal of Thieves’ Tools – Including lock picks, a blackjack, arrows with numerous purposes, wall climbing gloves, oil flasks, flash bombs, and a dagger.
– Advanced Artificial Intelligence – AI guards that see and hear, track evidence and suspiciousness, search for intruders, fight, give chase, and perform lip synching, facial expressions, and hundreds of lines of real-time dialog.
– Dynamic Lighting and Shadow System – Every character and object casts a real shadow that dynamically affects stealth gameplay. Dynamically manipulate lighting to create your own shadows, but make sure your own shadow doesn’t betray you.
– Thief: Deadly Shadows(C) Eidos, 2004. Published by Eidos 2004. Developed by Ion Storm. Thief, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Eidos and Ion Storm are trademarks of the Eidos Group of Companies. All Rights Reserved.