Obscure ships to stores
DreamCatcher Games today announced Obscure, a survival horror game for the PlayStation(r)2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox(r) video game system from Microsoft and Windows(r), has shipped in North America.
Obscure follows five All-American teenagers through a real-life nightmare as they uncover a deadly secret lurking in the hallways of their high school. When a popular student suddenly disappears, it sets off a chain of frightening events rivaled only by Hollywood cinema.
Obscure offers a wide range of gameplay options to see gamers through their night of terror. Players customize their action experience, interchanging between any characters at any time, utilizing the unique skills and abilities of each student. Controlled AI settings of defense, attack and help, allow characters to assist each other during combat and while solving puzzles.
“DreamCatcher is excited to release Obscure in North America,” says Robert Stevenson, V.P. of Production at DreamCatcher Games. “Players will be impressed not only by the Hollywood feel to the game, but also with the variety of gameplay options unique to this genre.”
* The game features both single player and co-op mode, which is awesome because co-op mode makes any game better unless your friend is a jackass and keeps accidently reseting the game…
* Unique camera settings allow players to move and shoot simultaneously because in real life, people don’t stop running from scary crap to shoot.
* ‘Black Aura’ feature makes imminent dangers visible on screen
through real time graphic changes, intensifying the players’ stress
* Fully interactive environment reacts realistically to players’ actions
* Un-lockable bonus features add an additional 9 hours of play
* Alt-Punk music soundtrack with music from Sum 41 and Span
Obscure is rated ‘M’ for Mature and retails for $19.99USD on all platforms. Visit here for more information or to download the demo.
For more information on this game from our site, check these articles here