New expansion pack for Dark Age of Camelot
Mythic Entertainment just announced the 5th (!) expansion pack to their popular Dark Age of Camelot titled Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs. It is set to ship this December in America for the PC. Hereís an excerpt from the official press release.
ì’Catacombs’ deepens the world of ‘Dark Age of Camelot’ by adding new content beneath Albion, Hibernia, and Midgard,î said Matt Firor, Vice President of Development and Executive Producer at Mythic Entertainment. ìInstanced dungeons support a more casual gaming style by giving players exclusive play sessions for groups of all levels and abilities.î
“Catacombsí” system of ìplayer versus monsterî instanced dungeons will allow more casual players of “Dark Age of Camelot” to quickly find and adventure in exciting and challenging areas geared to their level. By eliminating the need to search (and sometimes wait) for monster encounters, in “Catacombs,” players generate private adventuring areas for their groups on their schedule.
New technical features for “Catacombs” include:
* Major art upgrade to “Dark Age of Camelot” player character models utilizing the EMotion FX 2 graphics engine that provides more detailed facial features, hairstyles, and skin tones as well as enhanced armor, clothing options and character animations.
* Instanced content will allow player groups to adventure in ìprivateî dungeons.
New content for “Catacombs” includes:
* Players can explore a new underground city for each Realm based on the backstory of one of the Realmís underground player races. Each city leads to new dungeons, catacombs, enemies, loot and adventures.
* One new playable class for each Realm.
* Content will be provided for all character levels.
You can find our rather unfavorable review of the original game right here.